don't forget Away3DLite(using in-build flash '3D' ) :

http://away3d.com/away3d-lite-v1-0-fastest-and-smallest-3d-engine-in-flash

<http://away3d.com/away3d-lite-v1-0-fastest-and-smallest-3d-engine-in-flash>which
doesnt have all the futures of 'full' 3d engines like Away3D or Papervision,
but
can be appropriate on some 3d web projects where you dont really need a full
feature set.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM, allandt bik-elliott (thefieldcomic.com) <
alla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> awesome answer - thanks a lot guys

> On 9 April 2010 16:07, Merrill, Jason <jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Second that for Papervision - though you should know Matt and I are on
> > the same team - so we've discussed Papervision a lot together.  He's
> > right in his assessment.  If I did decide to drop PV3D, I'd probably
> > switch to Away3D.  To guess based on what I have read, and only what I
> > have rolling around in my head as a general "feel" and no data to back
> > this up (and I have only actually used Papervision), I would "guess
> > rank" them like this:
> >
> > Robustness of features and possibilities (best being #1):
> >
> > 1. Papervision3D
> > 2. Away3D
> > 3. Sandy3D
> > 4. Five3D (vector based - much smaller engine than the others, but nice
> > small footprint)
> >
> > >From a performance perspective, my general feel/guess (best being #1):
> >
> > 1. Away3D/Five3D
> > 2. Papervision3D/Sandy3D
> >
> > >From an overall footprint size (lowest being #1):
> >
> > 1. Five3D
> > 2. Away3D/ Sandy3D(?)/Papervision3D
> >
> > >From the perspective of overall documentation and support and size of
> > user community, I would rank them (best being #1):
> >
> > 1. Papervision3D
> > 2. Away3D/Sandy3D
> > 3. Five3D
> >
> > So overall, for general project needs (depending on what you are doing),
> > I would rank them as (best being #1):
> > 1. Papervision3D
> > 2. Away3D
> > 3. Sandy3D/Five3D
> >
> > Athough from what I understand, Away3D is a really nice engine and worth
> > looking into as well.
> >

> > Jason Merrill
> >
> > Bank of  America  Global Learning
> > Learning & Performance Solutions
> >
> > Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
> > Instructional Technology Design Blog
> > (note: these are for Bank of America employees only)

Meinte van't Kruis

Freelance Flash Platform Dev (mxml,actionscript,flex,air)

malatze
http://www.malatze.com/
http://blog.malatze.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/meinte