Hey thanks for your response. I haven't tried with a different video or FMS
just because of the randomness of the bug. It's not something I can easily
reproduce by following certain steps it just kind of happens randomly. I never
really thought the problem could be with the video or FMS since it was the
actual as3 video event that's giving me trouble.

I like your idea about polling the playheadTime though, that seems like it
might be a solid work around for this.

Thanks again

Patrick