Well the idea is if playheadUpdate is fired it means the buffering has ended even if it says still buffering. (You can monitor playheadTime/playheadPercentage as well for the same effects, as others suggested.)

Another option is to use NetStream instead. You can monitor the buffering status NetStream.Buffer.Full/Empty/Flush - which *may* give you more accurate info.

Kenneth Kawamoto
http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

patrick [insert last name here] wrote:
Hey, thanks for your response. I didn't set a playheadupdate listener yet so i'm not sure if it fires once the video starts playing again. I'll set one up and let you know. One thing I am pretty sure of though is that even if the playheadupdate event does fire when the video starts playing again the buffering will still be true and the state will still equal buffering during this particular bug. Any ideas? Thanks again for your help with this