Well, it's using WebGL as far as I can remember which by my knowledge not every
browser supports yet and it's even less which is basically web-version of
OpenGL. Of course, you can then make Quake 2 8)7. I mean all nicely hardware
accelerated by the GPU. Neither do I know of Internet Explorer 9 will support
WebGL while IE is still a major player in the browser market.

Before you seriously can use the magic of HTML5 and closely related specs such
as WebGL will take a long while, imho. Of course, it's all exciting stuff!