"Please do not blindly enable either new mode (gpu or direct) in your
content. Creating a GPU based context in the browser is very expensive and
will drain memory and CPU resources to the point where the browser will
become unresponsive. It is usually best practice to limit yourself to one
SWF per HTML page using these modes. The target should be content taking
over most of the page and doing full frame changes like video. Never ever,
ever enable this for banners. Plain Flex applications should not use these
modes either if they are not doing full screen refreshes."