Ktu skriver:
> "But what can you do when you have exhausted your options to edit the
> content? You only got the quality setting left to use." - maybe then
> you've got to re-evaluate what you are doing or use the quality settings.
>
> " How do you decide on the thresholds? Can you successfully predict when
> it is worth to change the quality?" - Trial and error will probably be
> the only way,... ?
>
> " I am looking for a generic solution to the issue of the graphics
> taking too long to draw." - Your solution will have to be based off of
> your requirements. A totally generic solution probably won't be
> actualized until more specific solutions are gathered, anaylized and merged.
>
> If your render phase of the elastic racetrack is consuming more than the
> entire frame/slice, then I think you will have a serious problem on your
> hands.
>
>   If you share your requirements, maybe an appropriate solution could be
> determined.

Well, I am aiming for a solution for animators. They don't have any code running. They are just animating. Often they aren't doing anything wrong. It is just too much.

I got some rather stupid heavy animations if you want to see them, I can't say that they are doing anything wrong. The load just becomes unbearable in fullscreen.

And when I say animations I mean stuff worthy of showing on TV. The original task that Flash dealt with.

I want to find something to help animators who have some heavy scenes. They just love drawing detailed animations. And I just love watching the results, they are quite nice looking.

I just wish that more people had things like vcams and as such, I aim to make the best tools. The remaining thing is a simple quality auto toggle.