I'm going to play devils advocate here for a second.

The whole browser compatibility aspect of HTML is diminishing, modern
browsers are constantly updated without having to re-download them. In a
couple of years, it won't be a problem.

Another major concern of mine was seeing this site:
http://www.nikechosenseries.com/

That's basically Flash quality, with SEO, linking, native scroll, all the
goodies from HTML. Once it becomes easy to develop sites like that, I can't
see why using Flash would be better.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Creighton, Gerry <gcreigh...@discmakers.com
> wrote:

> Except that you need a certain level of browser to handle HTML5. That's
> the bummer, it'll
> Take some time to get more people on board.
>
> -Gerry
>
> On 2/22/12 2:24 PM, "James Merrill" <jmerri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >" When HTML5 can do what I can do in AS3, I'll consider it.  :) "
> >
> >What exactly are you referring to? I have very few examples of things that
> >Flash can do that HTML5/CSS3/JS cant do these days. At my agency Flash is
> >being utilized for banner ads, and that's it. Every cool, animated website
> >we do these days is built in HTML. I am seriously afraid to start
> >developing for mobile, because the second a client asks for some
> >functionality that requires Native Extensions to work, I'll be totally
> >SOL.
> >
> >Wouldn't it be such a nice world if JS was revised with ECMAScript 4? It's
> >unfortunate that it will never happen.
> >

> >On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Ima Newsletta
> ><bignewsletter...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> At last, Adobe showed us that is alive.
> >>

> >> Il 22/02/2012 20:01, John R. Sweeney Jr. ha scritto:
> >>
> >>  When HTML5 can do what I can do in AS3, I'll consider it.  :)

> <h

> >--
> >James Merrill

James Merrill