From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of James Merrill
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:53 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Flash Platform roadmap released - time to start
learning HTML 5 unless you make games.

I'm going to play devils advocate here for a second.

The whole browser compatibility aspect of HTML is diminishing, modern browsers
are constantly updated without having to re-download them. In a couple of
years, it won't be a problem.

Another major concern of mine was seeing this site:
http://www.nikechosenseries.com/

That's basically Flash quality, with SEO, linking, native scroll, all the
goodies from HTML. Once it becomes easy to develop sites like that, I can't see
why using Flash would be better.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Creighton, Gerry <gcreigh...@discmakers.com
> wrote:

> Except that you need a certain level of browser to handle HTML5.
> That's the bummer, it'll Take some time to get more people on board.
>
> -Gerry
>
> On 2/22/12 2:24 PM, "James Merrill" <jmerri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >" When HTML5 can do what I can do in AS3, I'll consider it.  :) "
> >
> >What exactly are you referring to? I have very few examples of things
> >that Flash can do that HTML5/CSS3/JS cant do these days. At my agency
> >Flash is being utilized for banner ads, and that's it. Every cool,
> >animated website we do these days is built in HTML. I am seriously
> >afraid to start developing for mobile, because the second a client
> >asks for some functionality that requires Native Extensions to work,
> >I'll be totally SOL.
> >
> >Wouldn't it be such a nice world if JS was revised with ECMAScript 4?
> >It's unfortunate that it will never happen.
> >

> >On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Ima Newsletta
> ><bignewsletter...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> At last, Adobe showed us that is alive.
> >>

> >> Il 22/02/2012 20:01, John R. Sweeney Jr. ha scritto:
> >>
> >>  When HTML5 can do what I can do in AS3, I'll consider it.  :)

> <h

> >--
> >James Merrill

James Merrill

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please
notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and
attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking
of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this
message is prohibited.
Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a
solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or service,
an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of
Sender. Subject to applicable law, Sender may intercept, monitor, review and
retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems and may
produce any such EC to regulators, law enforcement, in litigation and as
required by law.
The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC,
and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the
country in which you are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or free of errors or viruses.

References to "Sender" are references to any subsidiary of Bank of America
Corporation. Securities and Insurance Products: * Are Not FDIC Insured * Are
Not Bank Guaranteed * May Lose Value * Are Not a Bank Deposit * Are Not a
Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity * Are Not Insured by Any Federal
Government Agency. Attachments that are part of this EC may have additional
important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. This message is
subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Sender you
consent to the foregoing.