I just rewatched the video, and it turns out that I forgot about the more complicated version with data sources.

But still, if I got it right, the general idea is the controller adjusts the data into the generic formats for generic views (either all at once if you skip the data source glue, or through an adapter), it doesn't just pass along the model's raw data.

Kevin N.