Can somebody show me a View class that doesn't update itself?  What does it do?
Are all of its properties public?

Conversely, can someone show me a controller class that does the work of both
modifying the model and manipulating the view? Does it lead to a ton of code in
one class?

I'm not suggesting my version of MVC is the only correct one, and while I'm not
a fan of controller-centric mvc (like cocoa) i understand there are successful
implementations (like iOS) That said, I have never been shown an MVC
implementation in which anything is allowed to alter the model other than the
controller, it's my current understanding that that's the only fundamental
requirement of MVC no matter what flavor.

Further, I can attest to the fact that my approach has a real advantage in
keeping display, state, and business logic highly discrete and evenly
distributed code wise.

It is very easy to locate any code in one of my projects by ascertaining the
domain of the code in question and looking in the appropriate branch.
Does it store data? It's in the model.
Does it interpret and display data? Try your views.
Does it manipulate data? Look in the controller.

Easy as MVC.

This separation of interests is what appeals to me about the pattern, and I've
had great success not only creating apps with my particular approach, but I've
also been able to pick them back after any amount of time and track down the
code behind any feature very quickly.

If anyone doesn't mind detailing the benefits of another approach as I did
mine, I'd love to disrupt these dogmatic feelings I'm having.

I don't need to be told I'm wrong, because clearly I'm not. I don't need more
opinions about what 'correct' MVC looks like because my system works extremely
well.  Im asking for concrete examples of different takes on MVC and what makes
them advantageous. There has to be something left to learn on the matter..

I'll let you know when I get my framework up on the hub.

Ross P. Sclafani
Owner / Creative Director
Neuromantic Industries
http://www.neuromantic.com