Thanks Bill but i won't be able to track that down.

Cheers,

Vadim

On 06.03.2018 19:52, Bill Paul wrote:
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Alex Henderson had to
walk into mine at 09:08 on Tuesday 06 March 2018 and say:

Vadim:
        Usually programming the firmware ROMs for Intel NICs requires software
from Intel.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005790/softwar
e/manageability-products.html may do the trick. Alex
Yeah, except Intel's tools only support ROM images generated by Intel and
stored in their magic file format. You can't use them to flash your own custom
images. You can only do that with flashrom. :)

The problem here is that flashrom has to know the flash programming interface
used on the NIC, and sadly they aren't all the same. When I tried it, I used
an 82574L card. At the time it was not supported. However, the 82574 uses the
same programming interface as the 82571, which _was_ supported, so making it
work was just a matter of adding the 82574's device ID to the right table in
flashrom.

You can attempt to do the same thing with the i210, but I don't know offhand
if that will work. If it doesn't, then you'll have to download the programming
manual for the i210 and add a new programming algorithm to flashrom.

-Bill