Hi Nico,

i didn't tried. Well - i can give it another shot. But i think i won't be able because it is a LOM (NIC on Motherboard).

On 06.03.2018 21:30, Nico Huber wrote:
Hello Vadim,

On 06.03.2018 09:50, Vadim Bulst wrote:
Dear list,

I'm curious to know if it is possible to flash iPXE to these nics.
PCI-Id is listed in supported devices - 8086:1533 .

[root@urzospoc01 src]# flashrom -p nicintel_eeprom:pci=01:00.0
flashrom v1.0 on Linux 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
Found Programmer flash chip "Opaque flash chip" (4 kB,
Programmer-specific) on nicintel_eeprom.
No operations were specified.

When i build a rom for this specific nic the file has a size of 70kB.

Is there a way to get this rom to the nics?
I don't know much about these NICs or flashrom's driver. But a quick
look at the code shows that this 4KiB "Opaque flash chip" is actually
an emulated EEPROM. 70KiB seem too large for an EEPROM anyway, did you
try `-p nicintel_spi` as well? It should detect an SPI flash chip, if

Vadim Bulst

Universit├Ąt Leipzig / URZ
04109  Leipzig, Augustusplatz 10

phone: +49-341-97-33380