Hi

A couple of comments on your *concerns*

1. Have you the slightest idea how it's done in the reality?
    That's standard procedure to restore full backup plus all
    incrementals you have, if you invented some other schema,
    please let me know
    (at work we're currently backing up between 15-20 TB / night)
2. What's worse? Dataloss or too much data!!! ;-)
    It's up to you to decide that, we do prefer to have more data
    than less data, that can always be overcome to reduce the duplicate ones,
    the non-existing ones are a lot more difficult to get.
    Regarding finding files, so is flexbackup similar to how the
    EMC Networker, Veritas Netbackup, HP Data Protector
    is working, they are all depending on your index/internal database
    over all files to get to them quickly.
3. All help is welcome, the open-source community needs
    people that make helpful work.
    Regarding Tape management so privately I'm just backing up to disk,
    is a lot easier and cheaper than to buy a tape library at home.
    (do got several DAT Exchanger at home, but is not just using them)

--Robert

--
--Robert

Robert Worreby