  From: nathan king
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:41 AM
  Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Want to build a SWF on the fly when someone
requests it

  I too am considering the automagic generation of a swf using flex/air.
  I am toying with the idea of using PHP on the server side
  (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/book.swf.php) to generate the swf and
  allow the user to download it. I am pretty sure this is something that
  FLEX can not do on it's own, but would make the best interface for the
  underlying architecture - passing the vars to another language to
  actually do the creation.

  I do however agree that with the use of a generated XML file - the
  compiled SWF could have various states (scenes?) and display the
  correct scene with the user's preferences from the XML. this would
  make the whole process easier in that I could create one SWF, and
  don't have to compile on the fly...

  would love to see what you come up with.

  -Nathan