Flex scales much better than HTML applications.  It offloads a huge amount
of work from the server to all of the clients and if you're using AMF or
RTMP for data it greatly reduces the size of data sent over the wire are
compared to HTML.  Also AMF and RTMP are faster to serialize so it improves
server performance compared to generating HTML.
Not hard numbers, but I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sam

We're Hiring! Seeking passionate Flex or C# developer in the Washington D.C.
Contact care...@blinemedical.com