Sounds like you're not having very good luck Hank.  As an interesting
coincidence, I had to contact Adobe customer service today to resolve an issue.
 I just switched from PC to Mac and at the same time upgraded from CS3 to CS4.
My issue was that the upgrade wouldn't recognize my previous product's serial
number, because it was on a different platform.  I went to the Adobe site,
clicked the support button, selected my country and called the 800 number.
They answered after 5 minutes.  Pretty good compared to 3 hours.  The initial
rep took my info and had to transfer me to another rep to resolve my issue.
The second time on hold took 7 minutes.  The second rep was able to assist me
ad resolve my issue.  The entire call took 22 minutes; which for something like
this is completely reasonable.  Sorry that you didn't have the same experience.
But, for me, I couldn't expect any better customer service.

-TH