Flex has been around longer than Flex Builder 2 and the Flex Enterprise Services and the product name those have a firm basis (be it with a limited target audience until recently) --  what I find more confusing is the internal name changes Flex Builder (dreamweaver-like IDE to Eclipse plugin), Flex that now refers to the entire framework rather than the server etc.

Its just a matter of time before Flex gets a more prominent place in search engines, same thing goes for Flash. You'd expect to come up with some varied results in any searchengine based on that term but the first 1000 or so links directly refer to Macromedia Flash.

- Peter