From: "Muzak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] SWC's in Flex

Make sure the swc is in the Lib path.

>From the docs:

<quote>
After you generate a SWC file, you can use it in your Flex applications by
copying it to the flex_app_root/WEB-INF/flex/user_classes
directory. You can also copy SWC files to a directory specified by the
<lib-path> child tag in the flex-config.xml file. SWC files
must be stored at the top level of the user_classes directory or the
directory specified by the <lib-path> element. You cannot store
SWC files in subdirectories.

Note: Do not add SWC files to the flex_app_root/WEB-INF/flex/frameworks
directory.

If the component does not have a namespace, you can add a generic namespace
identifier in your <mx:Application> tag to use the
component, as the following example shows:
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
xmlns:but="*">

If the component has a package name as part of its namespace, you must do
one of the following:

- Add the package name to the namespace declaration in the <mx:Application>
tag.
For example:
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
xmlns:but="mycomponents.*">

- Create a manifest file with compc (using the -manifest option), add that
file to the web application that uses the component, and
refer to that manifest file in the flex-config.xml file.
In the <mx:Application> tag, you specify only the unique namespace URI.
</quote>

If the above has been taking care of, I'd look into the className var I
mentioned earlier.

regards,
Muzak