Revisit this after you develop in Flex for about 2 months...you might find that you made life harder on yourself or that you are having a harder time making modifications.  On the flipside, maybe you'll disagree with that entirely.

The bottomline is that if you look @ Flex as a technology, as opposed to a language, it won't really matter to the developer whether he/she writes mxml or as.  Both approaches represent the same thing in different ways.  Would you want to write a complete native application's UI in C++?  Or would you like to create the forms with the GUI builder IDE and then interface with those UI objects in C++?

MXML vs. AS isn't EXACTLY the same as the example just given, but it's in the same ballpark.  Again, do it your way and then revisit.  I know I started with no MXML, and changed pretty quickly, but that's me!

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Daniel Cascais
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:16 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Code-only Flex apps

Thanks for your replies Jesse and Joseph,

I get your points, but to me it seems more appropriate, maybe cleaner,
with AS only. I can understand the need for MXML, maybe one of the
main reasons is to make easier/faster development for people that
might not have a strong coding background, which increases the user
base. But why force it on developers that can handle just as good or
maybe better without it (for whatever reason)?

--
Daniel Cascais