Thanks Matt, that had what I needed.

I'm still having one issue.  I'm getting the error: Couldn't establish a connection to 'cfc.mySelect'.  Not sure why.  I'm trying to referene the cfc the same way I would in CF.  Here is the RemoteObject call I'm using...

 <mx:RemoteObject id="myzs" destination="cfc.mySelect">
  <mx:method name="RJP">
   <mx:arguments>
    <acctno>{acct.selectedItem.data}</acctno>
   </mx:arguments>
  </mx:method>
 </mx:RemoteObject>

What would I be missing that would cause that error?

Or, how should I reference it differently?

Thanks,  Ryan