you need to change these lines

public function onResult(event:ResultEvent):void
public function onFault(event:FaultEvent):void

to this...

public function onResult(event:*):void
public function onFault(event:*)void

On 7/3/06, ben.clinkinbeard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can someone explain why it is telling me I've implemented the
Responder methods with an incompatible signature?

public function onResult(event:ResultEvent):void
public function onFault(event:FaultEvent):void

The signatures shown in the docs are

public function onResult(event:* = null):void
public function onFault(event:* = null):void

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Ben

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "der_kotty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering why the com.adobe.cairngorm.business.Responder
> interface has been changed since it has been released on Adobe Labs.
> In Cairngorm 2.0 alpha (org.nevis.cairngorm.business.Responder) the
> parameters of the onFault and onResult handlers were typed events
> (ResultEvent and FaultEvent).
>
> Why have the parameters been changed to '*'? Where is the sense in
> that? To my opinion this is not really best practice but maybe
> there's a really good reason for that? Does anyone know?
>
> Cheers
> David