--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do I think I should have to be making 10 sequential web service
calls? No.
> But then again, I don't develop web services.

Which is an interesting loop back to my initial reply to this thread
where I discussed developing RIA's from  the "front to the back" or as
DK pointed out, using the UI to drive out the middle tier API's.

See the issue you have isnt with the choice of marshalling prototcol.
 The issue is with an API that holds no fidelity with the user
experience you are trying to present.  In your case having to make
multiple sequential calls.  In other cases it can be much worse where
the RIA has to shread and re-combine data feeds to match the experience.

This is exactly what I pointed out as being one of the largest
contributors to a poorly peforming RIA.  It is the elephant in the room.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]