Scott, you are right about co-existence. I've been following WPF (and /e)
for a year now. Silverlight has quite a ways before competing with Flash but
it is clear there is a market for Silverlight.

Bottom line, competition breeds innovation, IMO. With Silverlight being
here...Flash HAS to step up and I mean the player. This is only going to
make Adobe seriously make some big advancements. Not that they have been
lacking with updates but now the pressure is on.

I mean...who's pushed Flash in the last few years? MM/Adobe developers and
the community. That's all well and good but people will be looking at
Silverlight apps/sites/animations and saying "I wish Flash could do this!"
This would be big time pressure on Adobe to produce results.

* Silverlight will not crush Flash.
* Flash is no longer the only player in the game.
* Both have their own markets.
* Flash will be on top for many years to come.
* I'm happy Silverlight is as good as it is and still growing. (remember, v1
isn't out yet and it has some Flash's new abilities)

Disclaimer:
I'm a Flash Platform geek to the core. Being objective is just a good
quality. ;-)