Michael,
    You want to compare Eclipse vs VS, or Flex vs Silverlight
     In particular, if you are considering data centric application you will
most likely need anothe Eclipse plugin that automates data access for Flex
I am using (and adding functionality ) to  Clear Data Builder (myflex.org).
It can be used as simple CRUD generator that also gives you flexibility to
add any customization
Regards
Anatole Tartakovsky
Farata Systems