----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Conklin" <[email protected]>

You were probably seeing MFSK, which was designed with very robust Forward
Error Correction (FEC) for DX work, and performs much better than PSK under marginal conditions. I have been able to decode MFSK 100% when I could neither
hear the signal in the noise or see it on the waterfall.

Being very pedantic here, I think you (Steve) mean Olivia with the FEC. MFSK as implemented in fldigi & other software doesn't use FEC. I agree that MFSK is excellent.

FWIW there's a new feature in fldigi, MultiPSK & other programs called RSID where a brief special tone is sent at the start of the transmission, this tone identifies the mode in use.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]

Reply via email to