Roman,
Runway lights code is encapsulated using #ifdef FG_EXPERIMENTAL_LIGHTING and
is being used (as far as I know, only by me so far) for deck lights on the
carrier. Yes, the same could be used for runway lights too. The info on
lights is intended to be held in the same file that holds vertex/polygon
info of tiles and not the objects.txt file. setcolor() and setcolor2()
functions produce textures on the fly  for env. mapping (coded by Christian
Mayer) to produce directional lights. setcolor2() is used for lights that
have different visibility in elevation and azimuth, while setcolor()
produces symmetric visibility.
At present runway lights' coords are read only in the fgLoadDCS() function
in main.cxx which is used to load moving objects like the aircraft carrier.
To get runway lights on ground you have to copy **this code** to obj.cxx
(preferably) or tileentry.cxx (using a seperate file with only runway light
coords tied to a particular tile as is done for other static objects). The
light point coords are entered as:
IMPORTANT *** I use object coords for runway direction, normals and coords
since the aircraft carrier is loaded using object coords. To draw runway
lights on ground you have to use Tile coodinates.***

runway 1.0 0.0 0.0
edgelight 0.0 0.0 1.0
lp     4.5000     0.0000    20.2100
lp    16.5000     0.0000    21.0100