On Thursday 17 January 2002 13:35, you wrote:
> using your ksfo airport I use lp tokens and turn on runway lights
> now i got shemes on position our russian runway lights and try to place
> runway lights according scheme "Ray" or "Lutch" in russian transcription

runway x y z - define runway direction.

> as i understand rway_dir variable shows us landing direction on runway it's
> normalize vector

Yes

> rway_normal it's normal to runway or what? normal to point light? or
> raycasting direction
It is direction of the light. (yes, raycasting dirn.). for allround lights it
becomes the runway normal. for red/green threshold lights its the runway
direction. for vasi it is again the runway direction (red/white elliptical
beams centered about the runway direction vector emanating from the light.)
The setclor() and setcolor2() functions produce texture maps about these
directions.

> in tileentry.cxx there is a code
>  //EDGE
>     setColor(0.0,0.0,-1.0,180.0, 1, 1, 0.5, 1);
> why 180 and not 360?
> and on vasi
>  //VASI lights
>     setColor(0.0,0.0,1.0,360.0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
>     setColor2(10.0, 40.0, 1, 1, 1, 1);
>     setColor2(6.0, 40.0, 1, 0.5, 0.5, 1);
>     setColor2(5.0, 40.0, 1, 0, 0, 1);
> why here 360
> and 10, 40, 6, 5

Sorry, I never bothered to troubleshoot this, because it was not worth the
effort as long as it works. setcolor2 divides angles by 2, I discovered. So
this hack. 10 gives 5 degrees in elevation (2.5 up and 2.5 down about the
horizontal) and 40 gives total 20 degrees arc in azimuth. So you see red from
0 to 2.5 degrees and white when glideslope greater than 2.5 degrees wrt to
the vasi lightpoint.

> Also I complied flightgear to see lights usung MSVC but when I use cygwin I
> got nothing cygwin's glut does not support opengl extensions :((((
> As I understand now you are working on Mandrake and use Nvidia linux
> drivers that support extensions
> when i compiled on linux should I simply rename wgl to xgl and all works
> fine? Your comments?

No I use the gl-extensions only on Win2k machines, not on linux. You tell me
how to make it work with Linux. To begin with gl.h from nvidia distribution
does not seem to support the point parameter extension, which is supported on
win2k with the help of glext.h.

Regards
Ranga