John Wojnaroski wrote:
 > both 747 and f15 seem to be underpowered. or possibly too much drag?
 > Can't hold a vertical climb in the f15 and can only get to mid
altitudes in
 > the teens with 747

This is the second time this has been reported, but I can't reproduce
it.  Your note later on, however, looks like a good clue:

 > does each each engine have a throttleor is it a single command for all
 > four(two)?

They are separate properties -- the left engine(s) use
/controls/throttle[0], while the right are controlled by
/controls/throttle[1].  This is handled in the aircraft XML file.  I
didn't define four separate controls for the 747 because I was lazy;
making that work would require changes to the default control
mappings.

If your throttle is only jiggling the first property, then that's the
bug right there -- you're only getting half the thrust.

 > engine egt is given in degrees centigrade and fuel-flow for turbines is
 > usually given as #/hr (1 gal ~ 6.5 pounds)

The current egt property hands you fahrenheit.  Fuel flow is in
gallons per hour.  Especially with the fuel, I'd agree with your
choice of units; but nonetheless that's what the standard currently
says.  Maybe we should go through and audit the FDM outputs for a sane
set of baseline units.

 > Engine data is a little screwy. running jbsim for the c310 no data comes
 > across and for yasim-747 the zeroeth values are missing.
 > Not sure i've got this properties thing all figured out yet.

Missing?  Weird.  There were some changes here recently that might be
causing this.  David was kind enough to give me a heads up about the
changes to the YASim code, but I ignored it. :)  I'll take a look.

Andy