> Any, my real point here is that I personally do not care to work very
> hard to support a non-textured flightgear mode simply for the sake of
> old sgi hardware.  However, if there are other reasons as well
> ... supporting notebook (few of which have 3d graphics), or to still
> support cards with very little texture ram ... then I have no problem
> with continuing on with our support of a non-textured world mode.

Here's another scenario in which a non-textured world is useful:  We develop
IRIX software on an ("old") Indy R5K and an Indigo II to run on our Onyx RE2
because the Onyx is not always available for development.  It's much more
productive to have a non-textured mode available on the slower machines.

I agree with Curt's comments concerning SGI vs. modern PC graphics hardware,
but hope that the efforts of Erik and others to keep FGFS alive on IRIX will
continue.

Regards,

Paul

Paul R. Deppe