Alex Perry writes:

> > > * On a G400 card with lots of memory, I'm getting 4fps out-the-box.
> > >   This is down from the high 20s previous versions.  It improves
> > >   to 14fps if I get rid of the Textures.high directory temporarily.
> > >   Thus, the decision making for texture sizing could be better.
> >
> > Is this built --with-logging or --without-logging?
>
> Dunno.  It was the pre2 prebuilt binary from the Nottingham server ...

It was built without logging:

CFLAGS="-Wall -O2" CXXFLAGS="-Wall -O2" ./configure --without-
logging

The JSBSim logging is still output but most of that is not output
during actual flight.

I get fine framerates with it - they seem to be fill-rate limited at
37fps at 1152x864 on an Athlon 1.2 with Oxygen VX1.

On a P350 with a 32MB ATI card (one of the Rage Chipsets - no
T&L) I get high 30's (probably fillrate limited) most of the time in the
UK, dropping into the teens around high polygon areas such as
KSFO.

I have noticed that some cards get hit very hard at the larger
airports (ie KSFO), dropping to low single figures when looking at
the airport, but they are generally 8MB cards.

Cheers - Dave