Yes, you are correct.  In fact, this explains an artifact
I'm seeing in one of my programs.  The normals must be getting
screwed up because of scaling because lighting is funny on a
pair of identical objects that have been scaled and rotated.
I'll have to chase that idea down.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand
Fat, dumb and happy.  2 out of 3 ain't bad.