John Wojnaroski wrote:
 > How complete is the 747 wing model for slats, spoilers? Note they are
 > in the XML file; is it just a question of specifying the control axis
 > input.

Indeed.  I have the /controls/spoilers property bound to the same
joystick axis I use for mixture (or maybe propeller advance, I
forget).  The slats property I just toggle as a boolean with a button
mapping.

Now that I think about it, really good stuff to add to the aircraft
description would be a control-speed entry for slats, as they take a
few seconds to deploy; and an input mapping from the outer part of
/controls/aileron to spoiler deflection, since the spoilers assist in
roll control at high control inputs.

 > If using the native-ctrls network interface, would that need to pass
 > the control axis parameters from the network to YASim. working in the
 > FMC autoland sequence and need to deploy spoilers, thrust reversers,
 > brakes and such upon touchdown signal with WOW from main bogeys.

Yes.  Presumably you'd query the appropriate outputs
(/gear/gears[n]/wow, in this case) out of the property system, and set
the inputs (/controls/*) appropriately.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA