Norman Vine writes:

 > >This is rapidly getting on towards voodoo coding, and I think perhaps
 > >we should step back a bit.  What, exactly, are the changes in this
 > >patch that make it worthwhile?  What does it eliminate?  What is the
 > >evidence for speedup?
 >
 > gprof is your friend

gprof will show where CPU time is being spent, but not how much of a
framerate increase you can expect.  Even for CPU time, it's iffy --
for example, SGPropertyNode::getDoubleValue was showing up high in the
profiling stats for JSBSim, but that's because it was invoking a lot
of inline accessor methods that weren't profiled (because they were
inlined).

All the best,

David

--