David Megginson writes:

>Norman Vine writes:
>>
>Old binary (about 2 days old, pre-property changes)
> From 4,000 ft: 45-46 fps
> From 8,000 ft: 29-30 fps
>
>Current CVS
>-----------
> From 4,000 ft: 49-50 fps
> From 8,000 ft: 35-36 fps

This speedup is most likely my new hitlist code 8-10%

>Current CVS with Norm's main.cxx patch added
> From 4,000 ft: 49 fps
> From 8,000 ft: 35 fps

Hmm...

My guess is that this has something todo with your running in
a wIndow and glut is doing stuff behind the scenes that is not
necessary on a windows box in game mode

or perhaps my stuff gets a fast path on a GTS that a MX doesn't

as I get a good boost everywhere

simplistic example the best fps I ever saw while looking essentiallly
straght down just west of KSFO was 162 prior to my latest patch and
I reliably clock 173-5 every time I go through that area now ..

also use to get 137-8 over the water and am now getting 151-2
as I go offshore on the same heading

go figure

Norman