Michael Selig writes:
> I have found the Ctrl-U very useful to jumping up in altitude.  Beginners
> like this feature too.  The current deal where the aircraft freezes on
> crashes is not so handy to me.  Why not have some sort of realism feature
> that at one extreme does not freeze on crashes and allows for some sort of
> slew to altitude feature and then on the other extreme you've got to claw
> your way up and when you crash your done.

LaRCsim was good at 'bouncing' on impact, but at least two other FDM's
I'm dealing with are more likely to have their math blow up when faced
with the excessively weird stuff that happens on impact.  This
depending on the situation can lead to the entire sim crashing if the
positions returned by the FDM are entirely bogus.  It's not
unreasonable to make crash behavior configurable if someone out there
is willing to do the work.

Regards,