David Megginson wrote:
 > You can control any property with the joystick, but to control the
 > view direction, use something like this:

This controls the absolute direction.  I find it much more useful to
incrementally adjust the view offsets instead; this matches view
controls in consumer sims better, and doesn't limit you to a fixed set
of 8 (or even 4, if you have an old hat switch) views.

The bindings support a "high" and "low" pseudo-property for this.
There's a FAQ somewhere on the website about it, but the basic idea is
that you do:

   <axis n="...">
    <low>
     <repeatable>true</repeatable>
     <binding>
      <command>property-adjust</command>
      <property>WHATEVER</property>
      <step type="double">1.0</step>
     </binding>
    </low>
    <high>
     <repeatable>true</repeatable>
     <binding>
      <command>property-adjust</command>
      <property>WHATEVER</property>
      <step type="double">-1.0</step>
     </binding>
    </high>
   </axis>

The "high" and "low" bindings are invoked as keystrokes when the
joystick enters the top 10% of travel in either direction.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA