Bernie Bright writes:

 > >  > FWIW I'm working on importing XPlane custom objects and many of
 > >  > them share textures.  I already have the SFO terminal and Golden
 > >  > Gate bridge loading.
 > >
 > > Are those redistributable?
 > >
 > They are freeware and may be redistributed as long as it is not for
 > commercial purposes.

That's too bad -- it would have been nice to include them in
FlightGear.  Unfortunately, we cannot put anything in the base package
with such a restrictive license -- we need GPL or freer (i.e. LGPL,
MPL, Perl Artistic, BSD, or Public Domain).

 > If we want to include them with FG (or as a separate download) then
 > I will drop a line to the author.  But before that happens I should
 > get the loader into plib.

It would be nice to set them up as a separate download, but we will
need these in the base package soon, so unless the author is willing
to change the terms, we'll have to reproduce them outselves.  I think
that we need to add the Bay-area bridges before anything else; next
could be a few obvious landmarks like the Cow Palace, the TransAmerica
building, and Alcatraz, then the KSFO terminal buildings.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/