At 10/16/02, David Megginson wrote:
>Curtis L. Olson writes:
>
>  > Your Wright flyer model is really starting to look sharp!  Good
>  > work. :-)
>
>It looks great -- this is the first time I've tried it.  With the
>mouse, at least, it's also quite easy to fly -- I had to work hard to
>make it overrotate.

 From the wind tunnel test data, "up elevator" (canard nose up) does not
very quickly lead to a big stall.  But if you get the nose moving up, the
instability will in 1-2 sec lead to canard stall.  That the canard "power"
is pretty weak (i.e. not very effective) is consistent w/ the first flight:

http://www.libraries.wright.edu/special/

Note the large amount of canard input.

Regards,
Michael

>Jim: you need to make sure that the propellers are drawn last so that
>they don't obscure the airplane in external view.  If you name all of
>the objects (so that you can tell which is which), you can rearrange
>them in the *.ac file using an ordinary text editor.
>

>All the best,
>

>David
>
>--
>David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/

  Prof. Michael S. Selig
  Dept. of Aero/Astro Engineering
  306 Talbot Laboratory
  104 South Wright Street
  Urbana, IL 61801-2935
  (217) 244-5757 (o), (509) 691-1373 (fax)
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-selig
  http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-selig/faq.html (FAQ)