David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Curtis L. Olson writes:
>
>  > Your Wright flyer model is really starting to look sharp!  Good
>  > work. :-)
>
> It looks great -- this is the first time I've tried it.  With the
> mouse, at least, it's also quite easy to fly -- I had to work hard to
> make it overrotate.

Thanks.  It's getting there.  I'm still trying to figure out from Orville's
description how the elevator mecahnism works (for animation).  Might need to
go down to Owl's head again to take a another look at their replica.  Still
thinking about wing warping... (hints to the animation code guru :-))

> Jim: you need to make sure that the propellers are drawn last so that
> they don't obscure the airplane in external view.  If you name all of
> the objects (so that you can tell which is which), you can rearrange
> them in the *.ac file using an ordinary text editor.

Yes I know about that.  You guys just caught a bad revision.  After commiting
the addition of the drive chain runners I realized I forgot to do that.
Actually in ac3d it's pretty easy.  Just grouping and ungrouping the
transparent objects puts them down the bottom of the list.

Best,

Jim