Martin Spott writes:
> Curt,
>
> > No one commented on my last runway lights message so I figured I'd
> > send some more picts of the latest:
>
> Yesterday night it was simply too late to give appropriate comment ....
> I am _really_ amazed. In my eyes this this is the most valuable visual
> feature in FlightGear since I'm watching this project.
>
> > Essentially the state of things is that if we regen all the airports
> > they will all get as much lighting as I've implimented.
>
> .... but in reality not every airport _has_ lightning. Mybe it would be
> appropriate to stick to the information on airport lightning that is present
> in the airport database,

Right, our database does have lighitngn information, and the airport
generator honors it.  If you fly around SFO with the new lighitng
you'll see an ALSF-II approach, an SSALS, and SSALR, and a couple
REIL's.  Also you'll see some runways with centerlines, some without,
and some runways have touchdown zone lighting.  Our world (once I
finishe with the other lighting schemes, and once it's regenerated)
will be as close to reality as our database allows.

Regards,