Erik Hofman writes:

> Norman Vine wrote:
> > Jonathan Polley writes:

> >>would like to see if this solves a similar problem I have with OS X's
> >>threading.  I really prefer the threaded tile loader as it gives me a
> >>much smoother frame rate.
>
> > Interesting that this problem exists on OS X also.  Could the automatic
> > cleanup of threads at exit() be a Linux extension to  Posix threads ???
> > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/threads.html
>
> Well, IRIX doesn't have this problem, so at least it's not not just a
> Linux extension.

That's good to know, thanks

But the question remains how best to get the threaded tile manager
working and 'behaving' under Win32 and OS X.

I have demonstrated one way todo this using the facilities built into C++
but this implies a fairly significant change in how Singleton Objects are
represented within FGFS.  I am certainly open to other methods.

I have no preferences as to how this is done as long as it works

I think that we all agree that we should get the threaded tile manager
working on all supported systems if possible as it is significantlly
'smoother'

Cheers

Norman