Norman Vine wrote:
Erik Hofman writes:

Good try but ...
This should work with Cygwin but it won't work with native Win32
because native Win32 does not implement signals.
Erm, you are right off course.

I think the easiest way todo this portably is to rely on the C++ 'dtor'
to bring the threads down. i.e if the threads 'belong' to an allocated class then when the class destructor is called the thread will be destoyed.

This seems to work well with both Cygwin and MingW32 and I see no reason why it shouldn't just work everywhere

Also allocating the tile_manager(s) rather then having one global one is probably a good idea too in that it will allow us to have a different tile_manager for different locations. i.e static FGLocations like the tower_view could have their own set of tiles then.
This is potentially a more efficient approach and would solve some of
the problems assosciated in controlling more then one FDM within a
single instance of FGFS.
It sounds fine to me. Does anybody have any objections?

Erik