Martin Spott writes:

 > Nope, no play at all, everything's running smooth. I simply was missing a
 > reverence point for the movement of my hand.

Here's my mental checklist for handling the yoke:

1. Left elbow on the armrest (push the seat forward before starting if
   necessary, so that you can reach the yoke without lifting your elbow).

2. Yoke held loosely with left thumb and index finger.

3. Shoulders and wrist fully relaxed.

It's pretty hard to avoid the Iron Grip Of Death at first when you're
flying, but if you can force yourself to relax, you'll find
controlling the plane much easier.  Sometimes when I get a little
overloaded during IFR training, I start to overcontrol the plane; if I
just exhale slowly and then run this checklist, things usually improve
immediately.

 > Maybe things are gonna be easier when I get used to utilize the
 > trim and armrest. When you have a stick then you can have your leg
 > as a reference, this is quite easy to understand, even for a
 > beginner ;-)

You should never pay much attention to the yoke/stick position unless
it is right in your stomach/crotch (i.e. you're about to stall).  Just
adjust your elevator inputs by watching the horizon (or in IMC, the AI
or ASI).

 > Afternoon, takeoff at 19:12. There are a lot of motorway junctions around
 > that appear to generate turbulences because they continue to heat the air at
 > the evening when everything starts to cool down. Same with the edge of the
 > brown coal mining - this is a hole in the surface that is several hundred
 > meters deep any many kilometers large. Quite a funny experience,

Yes.  The trick is to train in the afternoon, when turbulence and
thermals are at their worst, then book your flight test for early
morning or evening.  It will seem almost too easy.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/