On Friday 18 July 2003 22:42, Michael Selig wrote:
> At 7/18/03, Jim Wilson wrote:
> >Ok, I have a proposal.  If this is ok with everyone I'll go ahead and do
the
> >xml for the bindings:
> >
> >'v' - scrolls through a limited number of views.  I'll just make it the
first
> >3 defined views.  If the current view is greater than 3, then it'll start
at 0
> >(the cockpit).
>
> Right now, preferences.xml has this in a nutshell:
>
>    <number-views type="int">6</number-views>
>
>    <view>
>      <name>Cockpit View</name>
>      <type>lookfrom</type>
>
>    <view>
>      <name>Helicopter View</name>
>      <type>lookat</type>
>
>    <view>
>      <name>Chase View</name>
>      <type>lookat</type>
>
>    <view>
>      <name>Tower View</name>
>      <type>lookat</type>
>
>    <view>
>      <name>Tower View Look From</name>
>      <type>lookfrom</type>
>
>    <view>
>      <name>Chase View wo yaw</name>
>      <type>lookat</type>
>
> and 'v' toggles all 1 thru 6.  That's background for the questions to
follow.

> >'CTRL+v' - scrolls through all the views that are defined.  The first three
> >views will be the same ones that 'v' rotates through.  Shift 'V' will
scroll
> >backwards through all views.
>
> So are you proposing keeping the 6 views defined (per above), and CTRL+v
> gets to  1-2-3-4-5-6 / 1-2-3-4-5-6..., while 'v' gets only to 1-2-3 / 1-2-3
> / 1-2-3...?
>
> If so that sounds like a good strategy.
>
> Once the mods are made, if I change the first line:
> <number-views type="int">3</number-views>
> back to:
> <number-views type="int">6</number-views>
> will 'v' then toggle 1-2-3-4-5-6 / 1-2-3-4-5-6 / ...?
>
> If this is what you're thinking, then that sounds *very* good to me.  That
> way preferences.xml can be populated w/ more views, and there's no overhead
> w/ the 'v' key toggling through all of them.  The overhead only comes w/
> the CTRL+v key.
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>

> >'CTRL+c' - will always bring up the cockpit view.  It is currently used to
> >turn on the yellow lines for making mapping cockpit hotspots easier to
> >program.  I'll find another place to bind that.
> >
> >At some point a menu dialog can be made up, but for now I think this will
> >satisify the concerns of those who have spoken on this issue.
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Jim

 I'm with Michael entirely on this.  Adding new stuff is great but not if it's
at the expense of old features.  In time, once people have figured out how to
use the new stuff in place of the old stuff, then it's reasonable to consider
replacing the old stuff, but that shouldn't be done until everyone's checked
out the new stuiff and worked out how to satisfy old but still current
requirements.

On a slightly different note, has anyone else found problems with the
autopilot altitude hold in the latest cvs?  I last updated about 20 hours ago
so I don't know if it's been fixed yet - been out all day.

LeeE