> That number will increase rapidly.  Did you go through any post-solo
> rituals?  In the U.S., I know, the instructor often cuts off your
> shirt-tail after the first solo.  At the Ottawa Flying Club, they
> throw a large garbage pail full of ice water on you, even in the
> winter (I got two, just for good measure).

I've seen some pictures of torn shirts on the wall, but I think those were
PPL, not first solo, although I could be wrong...  No, there was nothing
more than a couple of Polaroids.  One goes on the instructor's wall, the
other for the student.  I might have welcomed the ice water.  It was about
85 degrees, and at 7PM, I was staring into the sun on both departure and
final legs on runway 29...  Although the pools of sweat may have had
nothing to do with temperature at all...  ;)

-Matt