On Wed 10. September 2003 16:26, you wrote:
> Curtis Olson wrote:
> > This is all very true, especially in the open source world.  However,
> > speaking as the flightgear project maintainer, I get the sense that we
> > are starting to collect a number of half finished (or just barely
> > started) aircraft that really aren't coherent or flyable yet.  I
> > realize building aircraft for FlightGear is a ***lot*** of work, and I
> > don't want to knock the contributions that everyone has made, they are
> > very welcome.  But the flip side is that a new user who is trying
> > flightgear for the very first time might have to go through several
> > aircraft before they find one that flies plausibly through all the
> > normal flight regimes.
>
> Agreed. But that's really a FlightGear issue.
>
> What I've been thinking of is setting up a flag somehow that could be
> checked to indicate which aircraft probably shouldn't be included in the
>   official base package archive.
>
> Erik
IMHO fully suficient should be leave a note in description tag in set.xml
file so it show if you run --show-aircrafts

for example
shuttle-jsbsim               Space Shuttle [unflyable alfa version without 3d
model and cockpit]

or just
shuttle-jsbsim               Space Shuttle [not finished yed]

Regards,
Madr