Roy Vegard Ovesen wrote:
I don't think this should be part of the PID algorithm. I think we should use your hack and apply it to the setpoint to the v/s or pitch. This means that we need some sort of if ... then functionality. I just started looking at Nasal, and I think that could be used for summing, gaining, if...then, etc.

That might be interesting. Maybe we need an official "autopilot.nas" file so the parsing of the nasal code wouldn't have to happen each frame (even though it is lightning fast.) :-)

I think a hack is the way to go, and if we can use Nasal to do it we can implement this hack, the one-eighty-hack and any other hack that we might need.

By the way, did you get my reply with answers and the updated PID algorithm?? I'm not sure I got through your spam-filter.

Yes that got through, thanks. For what it's worth, looking at my spam filter, I see that it is catching 1 new spam message every 7 minutes on average. It's no fun being this popular. :-( I'm guessing I do lose a legit email now and then, but a new spam message every 7 minutes all day every day just isn't anything I could deal with manually.

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org