> The thrust from the good engine is only half the asymmetry -- the
> other half is the drag from the windmilling engine (until the pilot
> feathers the propeller).

Good point. That's something that's also not too hard to fix.

I could not (yet) find my NACA report on the light twin, but here are some
interesting numbers:

Cn_beta for some aircraft (per rad):

Navion: 0.071 (Raymer ?)
C-172p (JSBSim, from Raymer):
        -0.349 -0.0205
         0      0
         0.349  0.0205
  This is roughly 0.06.
Cherokee (McCormick): 0.067

C-310 (JSBSim): 0.1444

This is twice as high as the other aircraft. It could be due in some measure
to a larger vertical tail, but I wonder if perhaps this value is too high?
When coupled with the correction of drag due to prop, then I suspect we'll
be a lot closer.

Thanks for pointing this out, and I am going to submit this to our bug
tracker so it doesn't get lost.

Jon