Simon Hollier wrote:

I had a USB mouse that worked ( except for the wheel ), but not the CH yoke and pedals with 2.6.x. I compiled the USB code from modules into the kernel and that fixed all the strange problems. I've been trying to debug it, but I always end up flying circuits instead ;>

That sounds like a better use of your time.

Did you try any joystick *other* than the CH ones before you compiled the USB stuff in? My first guess would be that you were forgetting to load a module, but the CH joysticks should not use any modules that other USB joysticks don't use. In my case, non-CH USB joysticks work, but the CH yoke and rudder pedals do not.

All the best,

David