On Dienstag, 6. April 2004 19:32, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > They are not now expected to be in any particular order, nor are they
> > given specific names. The layout is somewhat free form. A questions is,
> > how do you set up the gear model to support animation when you may want
> > to model things as varied as a 747, a C-172, a P-51D, a Harrier, etc.?
>
> Maybe we should do the same as we did for the braking group, define a
> left (most), right (most) and nose gear compression and let the
> animation derive any values from that?

No, I don't think so. It will be much harder to determine the actual
compression length of any gear if we have only leftmost and rightmost
compression.

As Andy told in a recent mail. A modeller just has to take care that the gears
in a jsbsim model are defined in the same order than in yasim.

    Greetings

         Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]